AmigaActive (1719/2143)

From:Neil Bothwick
Date:26 May 2000 at 21:57:12
Subject:Re: DOpus/AACDPrefs Trouble

James S Crowley said,

> I know that AACDPrefs is meant to be fixed but it is still giving me
> a headache. Changing the Filetype to DOpus and saving it brings up
> the message 'Error 41 in line 260'.

Is this with the one on AACD09? Try deleting AACD.prefs and
AACDfile.prefs from ENV: and ENVARC: and trying again.

> The window then locks up and I
> have to use SysInspector to kill it.

There is another way to kill it. The process running the window is still
active, only the script controlling it has died. Type this in a shell.

rx "address AACDPREFS QUIT"

> Another thing I've noticed is
> that trying to edit the MUI settings brings up another message 'Error
> 15 in line 260 - Function not found'.

No one's mentioned that before, and I always call the MUI prefs from
the popup menu gadget in the title bar, so I hadn't noticed it was
broken. It's fixed now.

> I've also put Autostart in my WBStartup
> hoping to have the Welcome page load straight up but it doesn't :(
> I've had a look with SnoopDOS and all the assigns seem to be made
> okay, but it just stops after those even if the AACDLoad variable is
> set to always load the Welcome page.

What happens if you delete the AACDload environment variable? I think I
should put control for this behaviour into AACD prefs.

Neil

Neil Bothwick - New Media Editor, Amiga Active Magazine
Connected via Wirenet - http://www.wire.net.uk
The UK's first Amiga-only internet access provider

"It compiled? The first screen came up? Ship it!" -- Bill Gates